NorseCare staff celebrate at annual awards
Exceptional performances from staff at NorseCare were recognised at their annual awards. 250 care staff and representatives from NorseCare gathered at the Open venue in Norwich where the finalists and winners in 9 categories were announced.
The winners were as follows:
Compassion award: Cristina Clinton – Linden Court care home, Watton
Aspiration award: Liz Chaplin – St Augustine’s Place Housing with Care scheme, Gorleston
Respect award: Julie Cartwright – Sydney House care home, Stalham
Empowerment award: Westfields care home
Leadership award: Kirsty Sleightholme and Janet Bidewell – Cranmer House care home, Fakenham
Pride & Achievement award: Lucy Cubitt – Lloyd Court Housing with Care scheme, Holt
Outstanding Specialist Care award: Bowthorpe Care Village – Cognitive Stimulation Therapy team
Community Engagement award: Munhaven care home, Mundesley
Commitment award: Christine Larkins – Robert Kett Court Housing with Care scheme, Wymondham.
Karen Knight, Managing Director at NorseCare, who presented the awards with representatives from NorseCare suppliers, congratulated the staff and spoke of her pride on the night: “Every year I say this and every time it gets more emotional to see so many of our fantastic care staff at this event. Every one of them is worthy of an award for the effort and care provided for our residents and tenants. It’s lovely to celebrate our finalists and winners and a great opportunity to recognise everyone’s continued hard work and commitment.”
Liz Chaplin, winner of the Aspiration award said: “I was shocked, but so proud to win. But this award wasn’t just for me but for all the staff and tenants at St Augustine’s place”.
Suzanne Macintosh, a finalist for the commitment award said: “It’s so fantastic to be rewarded for something that I really enjoy doing.”
Regional and National recognition
The awards come at a time when NorseCare are also celebrating the performance of their teams in regional and national care awards.
- Robert Kett Court in Wymondham has been shortlisted in the best housing with care team category at the GB Care Awards Eastern Region.
- Lloyd Court Housing with care scheme has been shortlisted in the End of Life support category at the national 3rd sector Care Awards.
- Dementia Care Lead Kate Grange has been shortlisted in the Best Dementia Nurse / Care Lead in the National Dementia Care Awards.
- NorseCare has also been shortlisted as a finalist in the Laing Buisson Care Awards in the Housing with Care category.
- Meanwhile, NorseCare have been shortlisted as finalists for the second year running in the Eastern Daily Press Business Awards in the Customer Care Awards.