Visiting arrangements – 13 November 2020
Following the lockdown restrictions that Government has put in place for all areas of England from 05 November 2020 due to the second wave of the Covid-19 pandemic, we have updated our advice on safe visiting and tighter restrictions around social interactions, which will impact upon our care homes and in housing with care schemes.
In line with Government guidance, we are putting the following measures in place from Friday 13 November 2020 until further notice.
New national guidance on safe visiting
• A maximum of two constant visitors is permitted – that is, one visitor at a time, but two people can be nominated as regular visitors for both indoor and outdoor visits
• National advice remains that one constant visitor is the safest option but appreciating how difficult that has been for some families and friends, up to two are now being allowed
In housing with care schemes, following consultation with the registered landlords of the schemes, we are putting the following additional measures in place until further notice.
• Communal spaces will be temporarily closed within the schemes
• Dining rooms will be closed and tenants have been advised to eat meals within their flats.
Tenants are encouraged to only make local community visits if they are absolutely necessary and for essential activities such as GP and hospital visits, or food shopping. Where tenants rely on the support of family and friends for community visits, they have been asked to discuss them with the scheme manager before making arrangements.
At any time, we may be advised to temporarily stop visiting in our homes or in housing with care schemes due to local community outbreaks or outbreaks – one or two confirmed cases of Covid-19 – within the home or scheme. People will be advised if this is the case.
Booking to have a visit also carries on, so please continue to contact the management team to book visits.
For those who are unable to visit face to face, our staff will continue to do everything they can to help people to keep in touch over the phone or through online video calls.
Advice to visitors
Advice about what visitors need to do to help everyone stay safe remains the same. Visitors must follow the strict hygiene rules such as hand washing, using hand sanitisers, maintaining social distancing and wearing a face mask at all times.
All visitors will also be asked to confirm that they have not:
• Been advised by the NHS to self-isolate
• Tested positive for Covid-19 or been in contact with another person who has tested positive within the past 14 days
• Taken a Covid-19 test and are awaiting the results / living with someone who has taken the test and is awaiting the results
• Showing any symptoms of Covid-19 including a raised temperature, cough, loss of smell or taste
Updated Government advice
For further information about UK Government log on to www.gov.uk/coronavirus
We will continue to monitor the national and local advice, and advise as soon as restrictions are, once again, eased or lifted. If more advice is needed before then, please contact the home or scheme directly and the staff will be more than happy to offer the best advice.
We appreciate your fantastic efforts in helping to protect residents, tenants, staff, and the wider community, and by us all doing our very best to follow the rules, we are helping to keep everyone as safe as possible.